Green tea recipes don’t just come in a cup! You need a fork, spoon and straw to savor all the ways green tea can spice up, and “health-up”, some of your favorite foods. In fact, green tea has been shown in numerous studies to help reduce high cholesterol, boost energy, and lower the risk of heart disease, liver disease and diabetes. Try these green tea recipes to find out how this superfood can add amazing health benefits and flavor to your favorite meals, snacks, sides and drinks.
Green Tea Dressing Recipe: Mix in a quarter cup of prepared green tea with your favorite vinaigrette, and then drizzle the antioxidant-boosted dressing over your favorite mix of greens for a salad topped with richer flavor and a lot of health.
Green tea recipes with chicken:
- Steamed Green Tea Chicken: Toss chicken pieces in a steamer filled with green tea, already brewed! Steam the chicken as you would normally, for a meal infused with flavor and antioxidants.
- Green Tea Glaze: Mixing brewed green tea with a little honey (to thicken) and your favorite spices makes a sweet, health-filled marinade for chicken when you barbecue, broil or bake it.
Green tea drink recipes:
- Green Tea Infused Milk: Mix equal parts brewed green tea with milk for a light and healthy drink. Try this drink hot with extra strongly brewed green tea for what would basically be a green tea latte.
- Green Yogurt Smoothie: Add in a cup of brewed green tea (instead of plain water) when you toss your fruit, yogurt and milk in the blender for a smoothie with a tint of green color and a boost of flavor and health.
Green tea recipes with grains:
- Green and Great Oatmeal: Oatmeal gets even healthier with a dash of green tea! Just steep a green tea bag in a pot of boiling water, then remove the tea bag and add your oats to the tea-infused water and mix together. Add a little honey and you’ve got sweetness, a burst of antioxidants and a good dose of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- French Toast with Tea! Green tea French toast may sound a bit far-fetched, but once you dip your toast (use whole, sprouted grain bread for a healthier recipe) in a bowl of brewed green tea mixed with an egg and a dash of milk, you’ll never go back to your old recipe again. The rich flavor and green goodness will make this breakfast treat welcome at any time of day.
Green tea recipes go great with many breakfast, lunch and dinner staples. So perk up your energy, boost your health and add a bit of green goodness to your diet with these flavorful recipes.
Sources for “Green Tea Recipes”:
Originally posted 2013-12-17 07:49:09.